August 2019 PL Notes
Schedule of Events
Here is the updated list for the next couple months:
- Aug 23-Sep 2. NE RTL State Fair Booth. Volunteer sign up info : https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4dadab22a46-nebraska
- Sep 20/21. Bishops’ PL banquet and conference. Lincoln. https://necatholic.org/
- Sep 21. Shoot 4 Life, Sporting Clay Event. GI. http://www.shoot4life.org/
- Oct 6. Respect Life Sunday. Life Chain. http://www.lifechain.net/
- Oct 15, eve (pending). Theology on Tap. GI. Teresa Kenney, Nurse Practitioner, Pope Paul VI Institute.
- Oct 16, eve (pending), Young Adult presentation, Kearney. Teresa Kenney, Nurse Practitioner, Pope Paul VI Institute.
- Oct 16-17. Culture of Life Presentations in the Catholic high schools. Teresa Kenney, Nurse Practitioner, Pope Paul VI Institute. GI, Kearney, North Platte.
For the Bishops’ Pro-Life Banquet and Conference, our Bishop is encouraging attendance at this wonderful event in Lincoln on Sept 20 and 21. Please consider attending. It is the 50th Anniversary of the formation of the Nebraska Catholic Conference and this year’s theme is “Abound in Hope: The Next 50 Years”. For more information, see Tom Venzor’s article on Page 4 of the August 09 edition of the West Nebraska-Register. The Pro-Life office will be providing a limited number of tickets for the banquet and conference ($85 value) for our pro-life coordinators and/or representatives. These tickets will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. Please contact Cheryl at the Chancery office if you are interested, or for more details. (308-382-6565).
Shoot 4 Life is another outstanding event. This annual event is also on Sept 21 at the Heartland Shooting Park in Grand Island. This organization raised nearly $14,000 last year and since 2012, over $89,000 has been donated to Pro-Life organizations in the State. Last year Shoot4Life provided our Diocese funds for the Pro-Life Youth contests and the Respect Life Conference in Kearney. Please thank them for their donations and please show your support for this worthy cause. See link above for their web page.